A growing number of families are making dietary and lifestyle changes to improve their health today and help ensure good health in the future.
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Americans typically consume more calories than they need-without meeting the recommended intakes for a number of nutrients.
Thus people need to choose meals and snacks that are high in nutrients, but low to moderate in calories. Americans seem to be catching on; according to a survey by the Grocery Manufacturers Association, 73 percent of consumers are buying more nutritious and wholesome foods and beverages-such as yogurt-than in the past.
The Dannon Company has now listed the seven benefits of yogurt. From calcium and protein to active cultures and nutrients for growth, these benefits give the body an advantage today for tomorrow. Eating yogurt daily helps consumers:
1. Be Fit: Yogurt contains calcium, which can help with weight management.
2. Be Vital: Yogurt is a good source of protein for muscle maintenance.
3. Be Comfortable: Yogurt has active cultures that help milk digestion.
4. Be Strong: Yogurt has calcium, essential for strong bones.
5. Be Nourished: Yogurt contains important nutrients for children’s growth.
6. Be Proactive: Yogurt provides friendly bacteria for your digestive tract.
7. Be Happy: Yogurt is a great-tasting and satisfying part of your healthy diet.
Each day, it’s possible to enjoy all of these benefits by eating Dannon yogurt. The company offers several product lines, including Dannon All Natural, which does not contain any artificial ingredients.
“More and more people are making an investment in their overall health,” says Audrey Cross, associate clinical professor of public health at Columbia University’s School of Public Health. “One way they’re doing this is working more nutritionally dense foods, such as yogurt, into their diets.”
Word count: 294