Welcome another year!
Why do most New Year’s Resolutions fail? By now, many New Years resolutions would be thrown out, forgotten, shrugged off. There is always next year.
Why do they fail? Perhaps, because theseBy now, many New Years resolutions would be thrown out, forgotten, shrugged off. There is always next year.
Diet? Lose weight? Cut down on the use of credit cards? Be more prompt with bill payments? Cut down on shopping. Read more, pursue that elusive dream, whatever that is. Be a better partner, parent, friend and employer or employee. This is a common one: Exercise!. Meditate.
Time is passing by, welcome to 365 days of procrastination. Time to change your strategy. Yes, life entails strategies, planning,action and implementation.
But, build it one step at a time.
Think of the company you work for. They have a business plan, a budget; they make sure they have the resources needed, financial, time and human . They assess their position on schedule. They implement, they act decisively when it matters.
This is their challenge in order to succeed.
So, what is your challenge?
Replace the worn out resolutions that you make year year.The words lost their essence, their meaning long ago. Re-think, plan a strategy to meet your challenge. Make it worth your while.
In a nutshell, are these pursuits challenging ?
1. good , healthy nutritious food
2. healthy portions of food
3. balance work, family and recreation, each area gets a time of their own
4. exercise choose what is best for you, a lot to choose from
5. time for yourself- discover, nurture and listen to your inner self
1. budget- a well planned budget
2. outline major expenses for the year- car, house repairs, travel
3. analysis of spending habits- what you need and what you want
4. pay down debt- mortgage, credit cards
5. no matter what age group- a nest egg /retirement/emergency funds
Try a 21-day challenge.
This is not an original idea. But studies show that if you try your best for 21 days, it eventually results in developing a healthy habit. A forum I’m on has this 21-day challenge. It turns participants into doers. That’s what you need to become- a doer.
Take it one challenge at a time. What is important to you? Diet, weight loss?
Challenge yourself to adopt a healthier eating habit. If fast food and take-out food is your style, there are healthy choices in this area. BUT