Many internet marketers have deduced that email marketing face the worst crisis since its discovery. They ground this conclusion on the massive increase of unsolicited emails known better as SPAM. Recent Research has proved that the clicks of every email campaign have been reduced to the lowest point. Before few years email campaigns were very productive with click percentage of 15%-25%. Unfortunately this ratio has dropped to 2% today.
Since every internet user receives a huge amount of spam email messages, the time for distinguishing the legal opt-in subscriptions messages from spam has increased considerably. Therefore it’s highly possible for the user to erase the genuine messages with the spam messages.
Although these facts are true, the “Death of email marketing” as some internet marketers call it, will not happen. Solid proofs for that are the many corporations, small businesses, and home business entrepreneurs running successful and profitable email campaigns.
All these successful email marketing campaigns do have something in common, some specific principals that any online business entrepreneurs should incorporate into their marketing plans.
1. Personalization. Research has proven that when Personalization is used the click through rate of the email increases dramatically. The friendly tone is the key to build rapport with the subscriber. Most of the autoresponder services and email software contain this feature. One thing must be specified though. There must be no exaggeration in the personalization otherwise the results will be reversed.
2. Email marketing schedules. The frequency of the mailings is extremely important. Although it seems tempting to send emails daily, with that strategy many of the subscribers will unsubscribe, especially if the mails contain advertisements most of the times and not useful information. One of the best email marketing tactics is to broadcast one time per week and not exceed two times per week maximum.
3. Which is the Best Day for campaigns? The answer is simple, Friday. The internet user has the whole weekend to check his email and distinguish the spam with the luxury of time, something not possible in other days of the week.
4. Use of double opt-in. The subscribers who signed double opt-in are extremely targeted, because they verified their interest for the newsletter and they are more disposed to buy the products or services the email list owner recommends. Plus, this feature provides maximum safety to newsletter owner from spam complaints and the relevant consequences.
5. Recommend not sell, plus unique content. The internet user searches for information on the internet. The same happens with the user’s email. The subscription happens for that reason for over 95% of the times. The messages must contain a combination of useful information and personal recommendations of tested and proven products or services.
6. No Co-Registrations. This is the easy way to boost the number of the subscribers on the email list. Co-Registrations offer forms to users with many other email list owners with different fields of interest. The danger of spam accusations relies on that method and the effectiveness is questionable.
7. Buying leads to send emails. Another hyped email marketing technique. The list owner who bought the leads will not be clearly informed how the “subscriber’s” emails have been acquired. Have they been gathered with ethical opt-in methods or email script crawler has been used? There is no control on that tactic and here too relies the danger of spam accusations.
Word count: 553