When you are with someone you really care about, how can you tell if that person is the one for you? How can you find out where your relationship stands? Are there any clues that could tell you if the relationship will lead into marriage?
Perhaps you are at the stage where you feel that you are ready to settle down and would like to know if the relationship is going anywhere. How do you find out if the person you are with is as committed to you as you are to him/her?
Below are some signs that could help you tell how serious and dedicated you and your partner are getting and how close you are into taking that next step:
1. You drop the “I” or “you” and start referring to each other as “we”.
2. There is no one else that you can imagine being with than him or her. They are starting to become the most important person in your life.
3. You catch yourself thinking about ways to please your partner rather than yourself.
4. You see yourselves growing old together, walking hand in hand along the shore, and taking care of each other.
5. You have fun imagining what your children and grandchildren will be like.
6. You start looking at money in a different way, like thinking about buying a house together, saving for a trip together, spending it on anything that you both can share.
7. You cancel dates with your friends and other people because you would rather spend time with him or her.
8. You start feeling tired of the single life and start thinking about getting married.
9. You feel strongly that it is very important for your family and your ‘special someone’s’ parents to get along.
10. You start thinking and talking more about the future and your goals together.
Word count: 305